This is a very simple and hearty chili with plenty of flavor. It’s even better the second day! I serve this with lowfat Cheddar cheese and lowfat sour cream. It’s also delicious with crackers.
Here’s What You Need
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned kidney beans – drained, rinsed, and mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown.
- Stir in onion, and cook until tender.
- Pour water into the pot.
- Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic.
- Season chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
Servings: 8, Calories: 198, Fat: 7.2g, Cholesterol: 42mg, Sodium: 532mg, Carbohydrate: 18.8g, Protein: 16.3g