I came up with this fresh-tasting, spicy recipe one night as we fired up steaks smothered in a smoky hickory BBQ sauce on our new grill. The combination was a hit and this has definitely become a new favorite. We like our food spicy, so adjust the amount of chipotle and onion to suit your taste.
Here’s What You Need
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup sliced canned peaches, drained and chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- In a bowl, mix the peaches, onion, garlic, ginger, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, cilantro, and lime.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill until serving.
Servings: 4, Calories: 40, Fat: 0.1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 114mg, Carbohydrate: 10.2g, Protein: 0.8g