Great on a summer’s day with fresh corn and mashed potatoes.
Here’s What You Need
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together paprika, salt, cayenne, cumin, thyme, white pepper, and onion powder.
- Rub one side of chicken breasts with spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken in hot pan, seasoned side down, and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn, and cook 1 minute on other side.
- Place breasts on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Servings: 2, Calories: 196, Fat: 9.9g, Cholesterol: 67mg, Sodium: 205mg, Carbohydrate: 0.9g, Protein: 24.7g