Simple and delicious steamed artichokes. Serve these with melted butter for dipping. You will need a pan with a steamer insert.
Here’s What You Need
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 whole artichokes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- Fill the pan with just enough water to cover bottom.
- Bring to a full boil over high heat.
- While water is heating, trim and discard the stems and tough outer leaves of artichokes.
- Tuck slivers of butter and slices of garlic into artichoke leaves.
- When water is boiling, place steamer insert in pot and set artichokes in steamer, stem-side down.
- Cover pot with lid and allow artichokes to steam for approximately 20 minutes, until tender.
Servings: 2, Calories: 132, Fat: 11.6g, Cholesterol: 31mg, Sodium: 166mg, Carbohydrate: 6.7g, Protein: 2.1g